IGBO LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ILDF)
PROJECT NIGERIAN PRESIDENT OF IGBO EXTRACTION
There are two crucial issues confronting Nigeria today. Which were exhaustively discussed at the National Conversation in National Unity held at Sheraton hotel Abuja on the 5th of March 2020.
One of these is the restructuring of Nigeria, the other is Rotational presidency. It is important to mobilize public opinion in other to bring sufficient pressure on the federal government political parties and well-meaning Nigerians to address them urgently. This will lead to the future of our country being guaranteed as we move to 2023.
On rotational presidency, particularly. ILDF reiterates the culture of rotational presidency between the North and South have helped to drouse the political tension in Nigeria. We therefore that it be continued for now, for the good of the federation.
The present president being from the northern presupposes that after his 8 year tenure, the next president should be from the southern Nigeria.
To Kickstart the phrase two of the project, the leadership of the Igbo leadership development Foundation (ILDF). In it’s recent meeting of Saturday, 25th July 2020 reached the following resolutions.
- There is no need for ILDF to help articulate and clearly define the criteria for the pension proposed as credible candidates for the Nigerian president of Igbo extraction.
- The resolution has become necessary to avoid any unhealthy imposition of a grossly unqualified person on Nigerians by the major political parties (PDF and APC etc)
- On the criteria and principles of selection of potential candidates the ILDF is persuaded to promote the following qualities.
i. National visibility, Acceptability, integrity and political courage.- the person should be known and acceptable to a broad spectrum of national power stakeholders, influencers and to the generality of Nigerians.
ii. Prudence in the management of human and material resources
iii. Commitment to equity and pan-Nigerianism
iv. Solid and Sound educational background
v. International Reach and exposure.
- Based on these criteria. The ILDF has preposed potential candidates for Nigerian president of Igbo Extraction 2023 (APC and PDP etc)
These potential candidates will be continually evaluated. The initial shortlist of potential candidates in no particular order is as follows.
• Mr Peter Obi – Former Governor of Anambra state. Former vice Presidential candidate and an astute business man.
• Engr Dave Umahi – Current Governor of Ebonyi and development expert.
• RT Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Current Governor of Enugu state and former member of Federal House representatives.
• Sen. Ben Ndi Obi CON – Former senator and former vice Presidential candidate and former Presidential adviser.
• Prof Greg Ibe CFR – Proprietor/Chancellor Gregory University Uturu and development expert.
• Sen. Ekweremadu CFR – 3-time Deputy Senate President.
• Dr. Ogbonnaya Only – Former Governor of Abia state. Former chairman APP and current minister of Science and Technology.
• Sen. Ken Nnamani GCON – Former Senate President
• Dr Chris Ngige OON – Former Governor of Anambra state. Former senator and current Minister of Labour and productivity.
• Owelle Rochas Okorocha OON – Former Governor of Imo state and serving senator.
• Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu OON – Former Governor of Abia state, former Presidential candidate and serving senator.
Please note that this shortlist is subject to review following further conclusions.
- Considering the magnitude and complexity of the project at hand, ILDF has elected personalities into the elders council. The names of the members of the Elders council will be unveiled in due course.
Furthermore, in no distant future, ILDF will unveil it’s philosophical and ideological document for 2023 Presidential Election.
The second phase of this project has started in earnest and the leadership of the ILDF will continue to consult widely and constructively.